Cherokee Indian Hospital Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans).
To read more about this, view the
EEO is the Law
poster and this
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Regular Full Time
Open Until Filled
Job Responsibilities & Qualifications:
The Senior Accountant will have a variety of responsibilities that can often be very complex depending on many issues. They will be responsible for the revenue cycle management and calculation for Cherokee Indian Hospital (CIHA). They will need to quickly understand data challenges in regards to the Accounting Software.
A Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting is required.
Certified Public Accountant in the state of North Carolina and/or Masters in Business Administration is preferred. Must have a minimum of four (4) years experience in an accounting position. Nine to 12 months would be necessary to become proficient in most phases of the job.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), and Federal Funding Regulations and must possess special advanced accounting technical knowledge.
• Must be skilled in the use of specific software used by the division, computers, calculator, typewriter, copy machine, facsimile, and other related office equipment.
• Requires the ability to maintain specified records, documents/reports.
• Must have administrative skills and be able to communicate, both verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team.